When you pray do you most often petition or just talk with Him?

adnilm

Asked by adnilm at 12:50 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• talk. i talk about things that are bothering me, thank Him, apologize, but i rarely ask for anything other than peace of mind. i feel that telling God my problems gives me the answers i need b/c it helps me work out whatevers bothering me. i think thats the real power of prayer.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I am so thankful for so many Blessings in my life that I start every prayer with thanks for something. Mostly I just talk to Him and of course ask of Him. And as SissyAnn141 says, In Jesus Name...Amen.

JeannieBee

Answer by JeannieBee at 2:39 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Just talk,

Respectfully, but as a friend also.

end "IN JESUS NAME AMEN"
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 12:54 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i seem to remember usually when i need a petition and instant help/ answers/ worries come up etc. i know we should talk and be in relationship and everything but life seems to get in the way. i need to grow in this, but i know where i am and where i want to be, and that's a start. i often just feel His presence with me and allow Him to subconsciously guide me and speak through me as i go about life, rather than make a deliberate effort. if it doesn't feel natural to me, then i stick with what does, like with any relationship. He wants to be the father, so i let him take that role rather than an untouchable deity. ok i'll stop talking now :)
    mrstheriault

Answer by mrstheriault at 1:00 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I don't believe Prayer is meant to ask for favors. It's a simple form of communication. So beyond asking for Her to keep those in need on her mind, I don't ever ask for anything.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:44 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I talk & pray.. but mostly pray
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:01 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• usually, my prayers are full of thankfulness and apologies. if there is a petition, its most often that i may be more thankful and not so much of an arse, y'know?!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Just talk. If I ask for anything, it is guidance in making a tough choice, but that is like asking a close friend for advice =)
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 9:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Used to be formal but nowadays I mostly just do internal talk.

Which means I address and chat with the Divine in my head and heart not with spoken words.

I do that daily, sometimes several times a day.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:13 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I also talk and praY
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 12, 2011