Are some things just more important?

I have four kids, Their ages are spaced out except for my st and my dd who are 12, 11. Then I have a 7 year old as well as a 18 month old. So I should expect to be pretty busy. Today I had a well baby check up at 10:30, as well as my dd had a syc evaluation at 12;00, Yesterday my ss told me he needed something for his forth period class, so I told him I would drop it off at school before that class. I went to all my appt. on time but about 1:00 my ss called me and reminded me that I didn't bring in what he needed. I felt so bad, I was so wrapped up with the baby's doctor and my daughter's doctor that I forgot to drop them off at school. (There in the back of my car) I usually don't forget things they need.

Kimberly71682

Asked by Kimberly71682 at 12:59 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• Some days as a Mother you can get so over whelmed with all the things your doing you'll easily forget somethig. I wouldn't beat myself up over it, exp how sorry you were, you did forget and let it go at that. After all, your the Mom and don't relly have to answer to your son, so a nice hug and I'm sorry should do the trick.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:32 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• with all the running around you did today we are bound to forget some thing
    as mother we tend to forget some thing or other
    but as other things are on our minds the small things slip by
    just tell your child how sorry you where and to before get full but also tell him why he will forgive you mom if he new that your mind was on doctors appointment don't be so hard on your self we all tend to forget one thing or other
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:11 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I don't run things to school for my kids. They should have remembered to bring it in the first place. Especially by 12. My oldest is going on 11 (in 5th grade) and if she forgets something...oh well. Mostly that's because I don't have a car and I'm not walking 2 miles to school in the rain with my 5yo and 9mo because she was irresponsible. That goes for my 3rd grader and 2nd grader, too.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:01 AM on Apr. 12, 2011