How to get my four month old to nap?

I have a four month old that has difficulty taking naps during the day. She sleeps ok at night, getting up once or twice to feed. But during the day, I'm lucky if she sleeps for more than 45 minutes. She will only sleep longer if I am holding her, not exactly easy with a three year old running around. Any ideas to get her to stay napping?

mackfamily

Asked by mackfamily at 10:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try putting a box fan in her room to block noise, and the hum soothes them.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 1:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• get a baby chair put her in it and cover her up and rock her that should work
    ADENSMOMMY123

Answer by ADENSMOMMY123 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• could you maybe put the baby down to nap when the 3 yr old does? if the older one is helpfu with baby in other ways, maybe they could be involved in getting baby to sleep- to take some strain from you
    bttrfly8605

Answer by bttrfly8605 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2008