Scheduled C-Section

When do they schedule a repeat section. Is it on the due date or do they do it the week before? What was your experience?

Kitkat61277

Asked by Kitkat61277 at 1:14 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• mine was a week before it was a lot better than mine first one i knew what was going to happen
    mama2305

Answer by mama2305 at 1:16 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Usually 1 week before although some doctors are different. I've had 5 c-sections. The first was planned for medical reasons for 11 days before my due date. The other 4 were repeats. The 2nd was 5 days early. I had the choice of 7 days (Fri) or 5 days (Mon). I chose the Fri but then he couldn't do it so I had to wait. The other 3 were born exactly 1 week before their due dates as scheduled.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:17 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I had an emergency c section and then a scheduled. they did an amnio around 37 1/2 ish weeks to see if her lungs were ready (they were not) and I was losing a pound a day at that point and needing complete round the clock tpn (tube feedings) I was so terribly sick they said awww screw it and pulled her out the next week (about 38 weeks 4 days give or take) It was nice knowing when and how and stuff. She had her big fat head stuck inside my rib area very badly though and they needed many, many vacuum attempts to retrieve her. I thought I was hallucinating when my husband & dr told me they were vacuuming her out.... "what hole is she birthing from???" I asked.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:03 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i've had three c-sections,
    two were scheduled one week before due date all was great.

second baby came five weeks early, all was good just everything was rushed and i felt i had no control.

talk to your doctor, i was given a choice of days and times which was nice but babies come when they are ready so my advise is be ready anytime after 35weeks.....
    my daughter was born at 35 weeks, she was discharged before me....lol she was born dec 20th we were both home 23rd just in time for xmas.

wish u all the best.
    gem05

Answer by gem05 at 2:22 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I'm 33 weeks now and I actually just scheduled my second c-section last week. They scheduled mine for 39 weeks. I think thats when they typically schedule repeat c-sections.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 2:51 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• im scheduled for my 2nd c-section and its at exactly 39 weeks, they do it 1 week before your due date
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 6:19 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I had 2 scheduled c sections and they were scheduled at around 39 weeks, but I could change the actual day depending on which dr I wanted out of the practice I was with, it just had to be on or after 39 weeks.

Answer by missanc at 8:42 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I will be having a scheduled c-section with this one...my other 2 were also...my babies for some reason never want to come out and play they never turn head down lol...the doc has already said he will take her a week early
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I am currently 33 weeks and 6 days pregnant, and just scheduled my c-section a few weeks ago. I am due May 25th, 2011 and my c-section is on May 17th, 2011. :)
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 12, 2011