Why can't I do anything right?

It seems like no matter how hard i try to be a better wife and a better mother it is never enough. I try so hard to be consistent with my daughter (she is 4 and out of control) no matter what she doesn't listen and she throws fits all the time. I try to keep the house clean and things kept up and there is always something that i forgot or something that isn't good enough. I am so sick of this. I feel like crap all the time and I just want so much to be better. I am on depression meds and in therapy and none of it is helping. I just don't know what to do anymore. Thanks for reading. I really needed to get this out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• why i once had lady come to my house ask why was clean to her other people standers
    i told i lived in a house where my mother like her house perfect and her kids , i never wanted that in my home
    no my house is not perfect but lived in ,my kids have clean clothes ,warm meals and there is laughter in my home ,
    you ask so much from 4yr old lighten up she not perfect ,she is still little
    and your house does not have to be perfect it is okay to leave the dish in the sink or laundry for other day
    play with your daughter these our best years of her life enjoy them ,read book go picnic with her
    as my dad always said stop and smell the flowers when she is gone your house can be clean then
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:32 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Is your husband putting pressure on you or is all of this pressure you put on yourself?? You need to calm down either way. Kick your hubby to the curb if he expects too much and won't help. That is just my opinion though! I agree with the previous poster though!!
    LexsMami

Answer by LexsMami at 1:38 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• who tells you that you aren't good enough? those meds are poisoning you btw... you can get the same results with a high fiber, low fat diet and plenty of fresh air and daily walks... the little one is probably throwing fits because she senses your tension... once you get more relaxed, so will she.
    goodi2shooz

Answer by goodi2shooz at 2:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• If your chid is a problem, Let HER KNOW WHO BOSS IS.....And stick to it.

If Hubby, is the problem, tell him "You deal with her, and SHE WILL GO BY YOUR RULES!!!! "

Do not let him remove her from "TIME-OUT", or anything.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 2:12 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Most of the pressure I put on myself. DH is a really good guy but I can tell sometimes when he gets frustrated because things aren't done. He works 55+ hours a week and is so tired when he gets home and so when I see that something is bothering him it makes me feel like crap. And dd is seriously out of control. No punishment works time outs taking toys away...she never listens and screams all the time. I am just so burnt out!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:18 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• It's great that your trying to be a good wife but is your husband tring to make you happy?
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 2:23 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• you need some time to yourself. I think the working parent doesn't realize how hard it is to not work. I was a sahm and i COMPLETELY PREFER to be working. It's much, muccccchhhh easier. Give yourself a break and realize you are doing sooo much, and are doing a great job. Congratulate yourself after doing dishes with some quality time with your kid. I give myself presents like once I am done doing home homework or doing the dishes I get to eat oreos or something silly. That way I get my stuff done but I also get something good out of it. Make your daughter help you clean. She is old enough to help with some things..and I bet you can make it fun for her. And make some rules and stick to them. My ex always looked at me like he was disappointed in the house or how I talked to our daughter and i broke it off with him and he just realized how great i was at everything. He has said sorry so many times! Take some YOU time lady!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 2:30 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• If it makes you feel any better I can't do anything right either. Hell, I still can't do anything right by my parents and other family let alone my SO and son and yet if it weren't for my son, I'd probably have given up by now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I was diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and OCD late last year, and I was doing the exact same things you are describing, except I was to the point of 'why clean if it's just going to get ruined again???' frustration. The medicine I'm on now is the 4th one I had to try. The first was absolutely no good for me because it made me feel drunk, and the second made me sick. The third one made me have sexual dysfunction, and this one, so far, has been really good. I suggest you have another talk with your doctor and try to figure out if you need your meds adjusted.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2011