I took my son to the E.R. and he was freakin out and a nurse told us to be quiet or leave.

His temp was 103..we waited for like 2 hours and went into a room and his fever was still up so they forced mortin down him and he chocked on it making his throat burn...so he was crying and trying to tell me that is throat was hot....the next thing I know male nurse comes in and tells me to calm my son down or leave..and that there are sick people here.... I couldnt believe it..so I started getting tears so i just left..........what would you have done , if u were me?

momofmonsters27

Asked by momofmonsters27 at 1:20 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I probably would have snapped back and asked to speak with his superior and put a complaint on that person. I work in a hospital and I'm around nurses all of the time and no one them have ever said that to a patient.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 1:22 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I would have said: I KNOW there are very sick people here, you are LOOKING AT ONE OF THEM... or do you think we come here for FUN??? ........... I would report him, he was definetely out of line!
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 1:24 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I would have told him the sooner he gets a doctor to see my child and figure out the problem the sooner we can leave. If the other patients are so bothered then they'll be happy to have my kid be seen quicker so we can get out of there and they can have peace. But i would NOT under ANY circumstances leave when my child needs medical attention just because some people can't handle a fussy child.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 1:24 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I was too hurt to say anything., but I did tell my husband and he went straight back to the E.R. and wanted to file a report...but he said no one knew what was going on and i didnt even know the name of the nurse..all i knew was he was wearing maroon scrubs.....so not a whole lot happened about that............I guess im real sensative when it comes to my kids i usually dont run away and cry about stuff ..but it really hurt that someone could be so mean to my baby
    momofmonsters27

Comment by momofmonsters27 (original poster) at 1:26 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Oh my God! I would've been pissed! That's just rude. He works in a hospital and he doesn't expect for a sick toddler to be a bit loud? I would've definitely told someone that is over him. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Hope your little one is feeling better.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 1:27 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• If that person is like that with patients often then he probably will do it again and get reported by someone. Don't stress about it.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 1:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• yeah i probably shouldnt have left....but it was like 5 in the mornin...so i just cooled him off and took him to the his Dr.'s office later when it opened.....HE had an ear infection....poor baby
    momofmonsters27

Comment by momofmonsters27 (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• WHAT!! Thats ridiculous!! I would have went back at him and like PP said filed a complaint. Obviously your son was sick, or you wouldn't have been at the freakin hospital so for "nurse jackass" to point out that there are sick people there is just stupid on his part. Another DUH moment. I had a dentist a few months back kick me out of the exam room while my 5 year old was getting a cavity filled, then she held my daughter down in the chair till my daughter wet her pants (after DD told her 3 times she had to go). It took everything in my husbands power to prevent me from knocking the ladies face in. Lets just say I didn't leave quietly, AT ALL. Some medical "professionals" seem to think they can do whatever they want, whenever they want. Sorry you had such a bad ER trip.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:29 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• what an asshole. i probably would have reacted the same way, but it would have been much more satisfying to file a complaint against that F***er & watch him kick himself in the butt for saying that to you guys. i would want to make him regret it!
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 1:30 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I would have told him to shut his mouth and do something for my son. Kids get upset when they are sick and if he can't deal, then he should leave! Ooh I can't stand that crap.
    LexsMami

Answer by LexsMami at 1:30 AM on Apr. 12, 2011