Is it possible?

To gain weight after 2 days of eating? Iused to be bulimic however I was so malnutrouished and dehydrated that I was in the ER. I am scared and trying to be healthy but I am a dancer so I need to mantain my figure. I have had a few pieces of pizza and some soup. Also a few peanuts, I feel huge but don't want to throw up because I want to change. I know I need all the vitamins and minerals but I'm scared I will gain alot of wait for eating. Does anyone know? Please no bashing because this is already stressful enough.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Health

• yes/no. depends on what you have eaten. if the product contained alot of salt then thats not true weight gain. weighting yourself at different times of the day matters too. hope this helps. drink lots of water.
    littleredhair99

Answer by littleredhair99 at 2:17 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I know where you are coming from. I struggled with the same eating disorder for many years. I know the vicious cycle all too well. In order to get healthy, you need to throw away any scale, and admit the insanity you are living . This is so unhealthy. In order to heal, you need take back the power of this obsession which is controling you. I look back at the "patterns" of my eating disorder and now can not believe the extremes I went to. You will be better off eating natural - not processed foods. Soup- good, pizza not so good. Focus on health, not weight. Binge-purge is so bad in so many ways. Stick with small healthy meals and snacks.- lean proteins and fruits and veggies. The 1st thing is to break the binge- seriously look at it. Yeah it's great to eat everything we want and then some to make it easier to purge, but this is the 1st part to break. Wake up, and have a small breakfast.. cont.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 2:18 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• like one hard boiled egg or a bowl of oatmeal or just an appple. Start to make small changes. Part of the problem is that the disorder becomes our normal. You will not "gain" weight if you eat small portions of the right kinds of food. I remember being afraid to eat many years ago as food had become my enemy. I now can truely enjoy food. Feel free to add me as a friend or message anytime. I know what you are going through. Good luck and happy dancing. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 2:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• To maintain your weight, you need to take in as many calories as you burn. Just sitting around doing nothing burns calories. You need to find balance. Right now, I weigh about the same as I did 35 years ago when I was in HS. There were times I weighed more - like when I needed prednisone which causes weight gain. I easily loose weight when I get sick. There are times (generally before my period) when my clothes are tighter due to a bit of bloating, but I find that I pee lots more during the 1st few days of my period and it goes away. You are not designed to be/look the same every day, at every point in the day. It's probably best for you to pick a range of weight with about a 5 pound spread and have a goal to stay in that range rather than at one weight. It's OK to feel huge after eating a big meal, but the feeling goes away after an hour or so. Find balance by having a smaller meal next time.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 2:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• You may feel or look more bloated after eating things like pizza and nuts, because tehy are heavier and can cause gas or constipation. Just drink plenty of water.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:55 AM on Apr. 12, 2011