Family pet died kids are ok but im a baasket case

Tonight we found one of my dds Guinea pigs had passed away very suddenly. He was acting fine earlier but by dinner he was dead. One of my daughters was upset but not overly so the other didn't melt down till dad said we were not going to run out and get a new piggie for her.
Here I I'm bawling my eyes out 5 hours later and everyone else is fast asleep. I can't stop thinking about our other little piggie missing his brother and I'm worried about him. I'm just super sad right now

mtnaspen

Asked by mtnaspen at 2:20 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pets

• Awww I feel for you. I'm the same way. It breaks my heart! Time will heal, just try not to dwell on it too much. Distract yourself with other things and stay away from the cage for a couple weeks :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• hugsAww... I'm so sorry. I recently lost my chihuahua who I had for years since she was a little puppy. I cried so much and was so sad. My son was fine and has yet to realize it or say anything about her being gone (he's only 19 months old). I completely understand and it will get better. You can message me if you wanna talk.

tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 2:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Kids bounce back...Im a basketcase when anything happens to a pet. I thnk b/c we are the ones holding most of the responsibility, maybe we get attached more? Im sorry for your loss. I remember when our hamsters would die...we would cry for days :( It's hard to lose a little life. Hope you feel better soon...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:19 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Pets are a part of our family. When they die we miss them and we grieve. It just takes a little time. Hope you feel better soon.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:52 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• The good thing is that if you give a guinea pig lots of company during the day time, they don't nessicarily have to have others of their kind around them constantly. The kids will be Ok, especially if you buy the balls that allow the guinea pig to come out of its enclosure to regularly interact with the family.
    As for yourself, don't worry. It is the circle of life, sometimes things just happen. Go give that brother of his some love and keep an eye on him.
    blainesgirl

Answer by blainesgirl at 6:51 AM on Apr. 12, 2011