I have anxiety/trust/insecurity issues and I'm driving him away...

I hound my SO with questions and start getting anxious for little or no reason. It helps to hear him reassure me, which is why I try to be open and tell hiim how I'm feeling but at the same time he's getting fed up with my accusation/questions out of nowhere. I don't blame him but I also can't help it. He's put up with it for a while but now I think I'm just irritating. I know I should probably seek thearpy, but I still have issues from the last therapist! What can I do to help me stay off his back and not be the nagging, insecure girlfriend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• It truly sounds like you need time with NO relationship...I have been there and it is so damaging and you will push him away....you need to fix yourself before you can be happy with someone else.....Im speaking from experience. I had a BF that messed me up so bad in only 6 months and it took years to get over. He was abusive and openly cheated on me....Just tell him you need some time to figure out how to work out your problems and he will probably respect you a lot more for it in the long run, if it's meant to be. Good luck....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:22 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Just remind yourself that you wont have him if you keep it up
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 5:53 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• if you weren't ready for opinions then then did you ask?? you can live in denial all you want, but you will end up miserable and alone basically....Im assuming OP was the one that gave me thumbs down, since noone else has posted anything and it's obviously not what she wanted to hear.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:14 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Umm I wasn't the one that gave you thumbs down, but thanks for your rebuttal anyway?? Geez.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2011