Do you know who you are and have confidence and self esteem, or do you strive for for something else?

The reason I'm asking is, that I realized, that I easily fall in love with guys I consider very special (of course everybody is special, otherwise you wouldn't be together). I mean, special in a way, that I adore them for their personal qualities up to the point of almost glorifying. Because I'd like to be that way. Does that make sense? I raise the bar really high for myself all the time. Too high to achieve ... whatever I´m looking for. I compare myself to the other and see that I don´t fit. Which makes me feel crappy after a while. I think, it´s good if couples complete each other. Like jigsaw puzzles. But sometimes I don´t know who I am. Anybody else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I think I have confidence (to a certain extent) but definitely have NO IDEA who I am. I think it's silly that you have this one body and you are YOU for your entire life time and there is no reason to not just love yourself because you just have one life to do it!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 3:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I know who I am, but that doesn't mean I have confidence or self-esteem. I think, if anything, I look for the negative in people and use that as an excuse as to why it would never work (not just with love, but with friendships) so I don't have to worry about not being good enough, I simply drop the idea before I give it a chance to work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• oh we all have doubts about our self but that's what life does for us
    i don't think i am perfect in any way ,and some times i to beat myself up but in long run i like who i am
    i have great sense of humor ,i am crafty and i am good with people
    oh i have made mistakes but i learn from them and i have fallen down few times
    but i pick myself up and do it again till i get right
    so give your self break lighten up let him see the real you don't walk on air just be your self
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 4:03 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I'm pretty confident and comfortable with who I am. Self-esteem issues for me depend on the situation and the people I'm around.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:40 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I think confidence comes with age a lot of times, although myself at a young age, always knew who I was and my confidence was always high but it does get higher as we live. I have never quit at anything I have set my mind to, if at first I don't succeed I try and try until I get it right. If your partner has qualities you glorify and wish you had, this is how you two can compliment each other some of those qualities will eventually rub off on you.

Answer by older at 9:07 AM on Apr. 12, 2011