Periods and breast feeding

How soon did you get your period after having your baby when you were breast feeding?

mommy2bee12-27

Asked by mommy2bee12-27 at 2:58 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Health

• 13 months
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• It can vary from woman to woman with my first it didnt even come before I was pregnant with my second ( my first was 7 months old at the time) and with my second I didnt get one for the entire time he nursed which was 22 months and a good 4 months after my milk dried up. Dont worry unless you have symptoms of pregnancy. It will come when it is ready but if you are concerned at all consult your OB_GYN.
    danni1982

Answer by danni1982 at 3:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• maybe 6-7 months, then it was abnormal...just spotting. It took a while before I had regular periods.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:12 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My first period with my first born was not until he was 13 months old. I breast fed a lot for a long time because he had trouble processing solid foods. It really depends a lot on your body and family history, as well as, how much milk you are producing. My question to you is: Are you concerned about not getting your period? or Are you concerned about when you will start ovulating again?
    I got pregnant with my second child when my son was 15 months old, it was the second time I ovulated after resuming menses. Most women's bodies are supply and demand, but there are genetic factors that contribute to all of our reproductive systems. Also, diet and fluid intake can have a major affect on your reproductive system. My mother was a La Lecha League Leader for years and breast fed all four of us kids and I breast fed both of mine so far. I wouldn't do it any other way, but I was most fortunate to have so much info at my disposal!
    natmadsma

Answer by natmadsma at 4:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I only fed for 5 weeks, and it's now 3 months after and I've still not, I got so paranoid I ever did a pregnancy test! DH read that in some cases it takes up to 12 months for things to settle down again.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 6:23 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i got my periods after 3 months of delivery
    silriva

Answer by silriva at 7:45 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• 6 months i think..
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:53 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I have been bfing for 10 months and still nothing but everyone is different.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• With my 1st it came back the same week we stopped!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:10 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• The reason I'm asking is my son is 5 weeks old and I am breast feeding as much this time around but I am having supply issues and just had my period for a week exactly when I was a person that very rarely had periods before so I don't know if it was really my period or what it was.
    mommy2bee12-27

Comment by mommy2bee12-27 (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Apr. 12, 2011