DO YOU EVER WISH YOU MARRIED SOMEONE THAT HAS NO FAMILY?

I CAN NOT STAND HUBBY'S FAMILY. THEY ARE ALWAYS IN DRAMA AND GOSSIPY AND ALWAYS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR HANDOUTS. THEY NEVER CALL TO SEE HOW WE ARE DOING..THEY ONLY CALL WHEN THEY NEED SOMETHING..I SHOULD BE USED TO IT BY NOW BUT I AM SOOO NOT... I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE...
I PRAY THAT MY KIDS MARRY SOMEONE WHO HAS AN AMAZING GOOD FAMILY OR HAS NO FAMILY AT ALL.... UGHHHHHH....

SHELL28

Asked by SHELL28 at 3:06 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• yes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• you just described my DH's family..he's got 7 sisters with nothing but drama...luckily he stays out of it and away from it, so he basically doesn't have a family, except mine.....personally, Im fine with it. I hate drama....when we actually do hear from someone, it's just wanting money.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:14 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• OMG YES!!!!! His family DRIVES me CRAZY!!!!! Sorry you have to deal with horrible in-laws!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My exDH has 7 sisters too and omg I couldn't stand ANY of them!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 3:38 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• oh my hubby family are not the best but for 31yrs i love them
    they can talk all they want about me they are only words
    i guess that what makes marriage works he comes from family of 4
    but i also wounder what he thinks of my family i am one 14
    plus 6sil,and 7bil
    56 nieces and nephews
    36 great nieces and nephews
    we do have great laugh over our familys
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 3:55 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• No, ill take the good with the bad, but I will say the good outweighs the bad with my inlaws, I do have a couple of drama mama sister in laws, but i made it clear in the beginning not to bring any mess around me. I feel for you though and maybe your husband needs to let them know the way they are coming across.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 4:11 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I think no family at all is not good, but yeah I agree, my DH family are opposite, they are constantly phoning, literally 3 - 4 a day! That annoys me, but better than them not bothering I guess.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 4:21 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• describes my family perfectly. it gets really really annoying, especially to me cuz i really live close. but no family is not the answer, cuz men need family around. my sister in law's husband has no family and she wishes there was SOMEONE around for them sometimes. and at her wedding , she thought he seemed really sad to only have friends at his side. but in laws can get extremely annoying to the point i feel like falling apart. i feel ya, and i really need anger management many times when it comes to them
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 4:29 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I liked my first husband's family and have no problems at all with my second husband's family. I've been very fortunate with that. Now MY family is a whole other story, lol.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:38 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• my husbands family is so big that no matter where we go he see's a cousin and it is because of his huge family that we go to more funerals then anything. It also seems that nobody gets married they just all pop out babies and the heck with a happy family gathering( meaning wedding)
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:54 AM on Apr. 12, 2011