How old is too old to spank?

If you chose to spank, at what age is a child too old to be spanked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

• when they are bigger then you lol which in my case will be by the time the kid is 6 lol im short. I dont believe in spanking simply becuz what are you teaching them? its ok to hit when mad yeah so we dont spank but i believe it probaly works for some children id say by the time they are 7 or 8 they are big enough to know with out being spanked and other means of disapline are probably going to work better.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I really haven't had to discipline mine past 6 yrs. If they are trained properly when they are young, they won't need discipline for long.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I don't spank but my mom did. I remember my last beating when I was 15 years old and swore at her. It was pretty mean and I didn't learn anything except fear of my mom by her spanking me.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 1:03 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I still spank my 8 & 10yr olds if they need it which is rare, usually I just start counting (I get to 3 & their in trouble) and they will stop.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• When the kid has moved out of your house
    Anonymous

• 13 or 14
    hmp1

Answer by hmp1 at 8:45 AM on Dec. 2, 2008