How many of you ladies have actually met people from here and how did it work for you

flipper4u21

Asked by flipper4u21 at 5:18 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I haven't but I think thats becauce most users are from US and I'm from the UK :)
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 5:19 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• oh well im sorry i think it probably could be a good thing if we did meet others from here
    flipper4u21

Comment by flipper4u21 (original poster) at 5:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Same here. Living in the Netherlands,. Cafe Mom-friend in the US. But I have no doubt we'd get along just as well in person as we do online. I'd love to visit her, but can't afford it unfortuately. Neither does she.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 5:35 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I'm certain I'd get along with others from here, just a shame we're sooo far away!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 6:07 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• it is a shame thats one of the reasons i got on here to meet people i have one friend and she is great we have been friends for 17 yrs but it doesnt seem like we can ever coincide our lives together except on the phone and it really saddens me
    flipper4u21

Comment by flipper4u21 (original poster) at 6:11 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• have you tried meetup.com to find moms' groups and playgroups? Also your local library storyhour? Just ideas to find friends.........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:49 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• well thank you elizabr no i havent didnt know about them
    flipper4u21

Comment by flipper4u21 (original poster) at 8:42 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I personally have not, but I would like to!
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I haven't a lot of them are sooooo far away. Then some of the closer ones are so much younger than me, we just communicate on CafeMom.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Met a Mom of an Onlie like me on CM who lived 50mins. away. We chatted and then one day we finally met up and spent the day at my house for lunch w/her DD and my DS. We hit it off and are still friends after 1 1/2 yrs. And how lucky am I, that another CM friend sent me miniture roses last yr. for my Birthday?! :o) (plated and grew again this yr.!)

MaMas06

Answer by MaMas06 at 7:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2011