Do you give a man another chance

my husband has been very cruel and cold hearted and done many bad things to me for the past 11 yrs and i have always stuck by his side and been very loyal and i have begged him to just treat me right because i do love him and want to be with him and he works supports us is very intellegent and has been a better person so i know he can so now ive finally gotten strong enuff to say im done and now that he realizes i wont take it anymore now he wants to change do i give him and my family that chance or is it just to late

flipper4u21

Asked by flipper4u21 at 5:23 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Eleven years, he didn't treat you well for eleven years. I say he's had more than plenty of chances to treat you well. I'd leave.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My husband is kind of the same way, except for it's only been 2 years. I'm not sure how I would feel if it had been eleven years. I do know it is difficult to walk away from someone you love.
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 5:32 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• He had 11 yrs of chances.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:39 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Which btw is 10 yrs too much Imo!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:40 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Really only you can answer this question hon.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 5:48 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• If he was going to change, he's have done it way earlier, he's just scared now because he never thought you'd be strong enough to say ENOUGH!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 6:00 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• well thank you all for your answers thats mostly what im going with also thats why i havent taken him back yet but it is hard because thats the only reason im leaving him and if it was different id love to stay so i think to myself is it only to get me back then he would go back to normal again and to sydash 11 im sorry for you and your feelings just know if you dont change it now your gonna be on here in 9 yrs askin the same thing and im not saying leave him but somehow get him to open his eyes and the sooner the better gl to you
    flipper4u21

Comment by flipper4u21 (original poster) at 6:21 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• He's had 11 years of chances...I say if he WANTED to change for you, he would have already.

Best of luck to you!
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 7:15 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• You gave him 11 yrs more then I would have.

Answer by gemgem at 7:42 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I would try it and if it doesnt work you can leave. Tell him that you are gonna give him another chance but you wanna him to change the way he treats you.
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 8:51 AM on Apr. 12, 2011