Would you name your twins rhyming names/names with the same first letter?

With my first two sets of twins I went for Lissie&Katie and Alexander&Ciaran because I didn't want to sound too cliched or anything. But with the set of twins I'm pregnant with now I was thinking it really can't hurt... Aha, what do all you guys think?

haleykarson

Asked by haleykarson at 12:53 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I don't see anything wrong with it. If that is what you want to do then go ahead and don't listen to anyone else.

Anonymous

• Are they the same gender?
    How about Jack & Jill. Okay, shoot me....that's over the top!
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i am a twin and my mom named me and my sister wendy sue and mindy lou so we ryhme we hate it to but everyone is diff
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I don't think I'd go as far as to name them rhyming, but first names would be nice I guess..
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 1:00 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• *I mean first names with same firts letter
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 1:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I think it is kind of tacky to do it. But... that is just my opinion.
    Twins run in my family, so if I were to have twins I would give them similar names (both classic, both unique, both Irish, both italian, both Greek, both literary characters...etc.) not necessarily rhyming or alliterative.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 1:25 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• When i was little, if I had a set of twins i always wanted to name them First name, Middle name and then Middle name, First name. It sounds stupid now, but I just always thought it would be funny.
    Jake Ben & Ben Jake
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• No. Reminds me too much of the Simpsons. You know, Rod and Tod? Goofy.
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 1:50 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I would never do it myself....but I couldn't help but to giggle and wonder if the other poster Wendy Sue with sister Mindy Lou where born in Whoville and if the Grinch ever stole their christmas! LMAO I couldn't help myself...your mother should be whipped with a wet noodle for naming you that! I hate my name too if that counts for anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Even though my kids aren't twins their names sound the same at the end. Logan and Aidan different but sound kind of similar. My brother and sister are twins and their names are completely different. Colleen and Philip. My mom wanted them to be individuals.

boy on a swingboy on a swing

EMTmom119

Answer by EMTmom119 at 6:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2008