• In the Spotlight:

how can i get my daughter to take better naps?

my daugther only takes 45 minute naps during the day, and she does not sleep through the night.(she gets up once or twice at night)

babiieechulaox

Asked by babiieechulaox at 12:55 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is she?
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• when my daughter pulls that her daddy will go in there and sing to her lol and she'll end up sleeping for hours

but usually she takes good naps when she was younger he did it all the time
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 1:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• wrap her up tight and put some soothing music on, if your breastfeeding nurse her to sleep
    rozepyle

Answer by rozepyle at 1:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Try making sure she is really tired when she goes down.

Really bright babies can tend to nap less as they need more stimulation (let's learn, what you're tired, NO!!!) Try to keep her routine similar everyday, and get her outside if weather permits. The extra stimulation will help tire her out.
    I found that getting my bright little angel to take a long afternoon nap was more convenient for me than two short naps. (Bubble bath, anyone?)
    Also some babies only need about 10 hours of sleep a day. . . Good luck!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My son has a hard time sometimes. So I get some of that bedtime lotion and give him a soothing massage and he's OUT.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 1:42 PM on Dec. 1, 2008