Anyone else have similar problems while pregnant? im just scared

its more of me being scared and wanting to know if anyone else went through something similar during your pregnacies. Im 36 weeks pregnant today im severly anemic i was sent to a hemotologist and had to treatments last week i had a bad reaction now they gonna try another 1 this thursday, my dr wants to avoid a blood transfusion when i have my daughter, and yesterday i went in for my final lab work and my blood pressure was high my feet and legs were so swollen my toes wouldnt touch the floor and i gained 6lbs in about 4 days, they monitored my daughter she doing good, and today ihave another appt they gonna recheck my blood pressure and if its still up they wanna give me sum meds to control it till im at least 38 weeks. I had no problems like this with my 1st pregnancy this one is just bad all around and im scared i always think the worst and i think im gonna get really sick and die or need the transfusion and react to it and die im just freaking out andm my husband tries so hard to calm me but i just wanna know if anybodyout there had any similar experiences and how it turned out sorry for rambling.

Snavarro08

Asked by Snavarro08 at 6:15 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I havent had the same problems, but i have had similar thoughts and concerns with this pregnancy with all of the complication that i have been having. I am 30w1d today and I have a blood clotting disorder and have to take meds. for it every day, and i was also told that i had placenta previa and a thinning cervix at 25 2weeks, so i have had many concerns as well. Yours sound alot more serious than mine, so ther is relly no advice that i can give you other than follow what ever the doctor says.

Good Luck
    sianniona

Answer by sianniona at 6:54 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Are they talking about pre-ecclampsia? Because that's what it sounds like. I don't know about the anemia. All I can say is follow the advice they give you to a T.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 7:07 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• im sorry this can be a very scary time , ive never been i this situation so i really dont have any advice but i wish you the best of luck and try to keep positive!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:14 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• The blood pressure/swollen-ness sounds like pre-eclampsia to me; which I had during my pregnancy. I know how uncomfortable it can be, but do WHATEVER the doctors tell you to do. I wound up having to have a c-section (which was WAY easier than I ever imagined so don't freak out). I am not sure about the anemia though. Let me know if you wanna talk some more!
    XoXo
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I was a bit, Floridix really helped.

But lots of women have transfusions, too. Not ideal but you're not alone.
    I was told I Needed one but opted not to. I chose the DIY route with rest & nourishment.
    It was hard, but my option.

Best wishes!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I had evelated B/P to towards the end on my pregnancy but no anemia. Beleive to not but try to keep your fluid up it will help with the swelling. Try to rest as much as possible, I wish you luck. I know how scary all of this is, do what your Dr tell you and maybe some research it always helped me just to understand what is going on.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2011