If you were stopped by a police officer?

but knew you hadn't been doing anything wrong; how would you react?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 6:32 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• remain calm and ask why I was stopped. Then tell him/her calmly why I was pulled over mistakenly. May or may not help but at least it would open up communication about it. Worst thing you could do though is give the cops attitude over it.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:34 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Huh? I would ask him why he stopped me. "Did I do something wrong, officer?" -In an ideal situatiuon he's reply: "Yes, I charge you with disruption of public order. You're beauty distracts the other drivers." L O L ... Sorry, just foolong around. Hahahaha
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 6:37 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Chances are you were not pulled over for no reason. You might not realize that you did something wrong, or you might really not have done something wrong, but the cop thinks you did. Stay calm and RESPECTFUL. As why you were pulled over and express that you didn't think you had done anything wrong. Do not argue with the cops. Once you have expressed your position, let it be. If he does give you a ticket, you can contest it later. If you argue with him, he will most likely give you more than 1 fine. If you stay calm and respectful, he might just give you a warning. It's always best to let it be and take care of the ticket afterwards (i.e. contest it in court)
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 7:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Yeah they do pull over for no GOOD reason. They can make one up if they really want to. Then say "Well I give you a warning". Their just hoping you have some drugs or no insurance...etc..

Before DH and I got married we drove to his hometown where he was well known. He was bad in his youth so all cops knew him. He changed his life around though and wasn't that snoddy teen anymore. We just came back because my grandfather died and I was going to his funeral. So we are driving through town and a cop goes by us. The cops head does a 180 as soon as he sees DH. Not 10 minutes later we are being pulled over. When we asked why they said we were swerving in the road. (We wasn't). They ran my ID because I was 17 and they thought I was a runaway. They ran Dh's and figured he'd have a warrant but no he didn't. So they had to let us go.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Try to keep calm but garunteed I'd freak!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 6:37 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Well I wouldnt panic. Id ask if what I did wrong lol.

Answer by gemgem at 7:08 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I'd just ask what I did to get pulled over. If there wasn't a good reason, I'd tell the officer to have a good day, and then tell them I was leaving...lol
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 7:17 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I've only been pulled over once, and I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong. I was maybe 2 miles over the speed limit. The cop goes, "Do you know why I'm pulling you over?" and I was like, "I want to be honest, but honestly, I have no idea. I wasn't speeding." And he basically made me try to guess. I couldn't guess, and then he goes, "Your tag lights are out". Right, I would have totally known that. Because I have seen the back of my car while I was driving, lol. He was cool though. He thought it was funny that I didn't know what on earth my registration looked like, I was sifting through my glove box pulling out prom pictures, reciepts, etc. (I was in highschool). Honesty is the best policy! Even when you have no idea.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 8:13 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• always be calm and chances are everything will be fine
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I owuld act normal but be really nervous at the same time
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 12, 2011