Husbands?

So how do you sit down and talk to your husband without him getting mad? I get aggrivated with him to the point I get mad and I don't know how to tell him how I feel. I could use some advice about how to sit down and talk to him and let him know how I am feeling. I don't know if he does it on purpose or on accident cause its hard to tell sometimes and I try to ignore him but its hard to. Anyone have any good ideas how to avoid these situations?

shelle21

Asked by shelle21 at 8:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• As soon as something hits me wrong, I say something then. I don't let it build up. If I do let it, then when I blow, I am irrational and he refuses to listen.

So, by talking immediately when it happens, I am more calm and he has the incident fresh in his head.

It's similar to punishing a child 2 days after the fact. They have forgotten what they did and then cannot understand why they are in trouble. Any person needs to know at the time of issue, when they have erred or if there was a misunderstanding so that they can put in memory for future.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:00 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• He gets mad when you talk to him regardless of the topic? Try writing him a short letter/note/email/text instead. Good luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:45 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Well I know not to try and talk to my husband after he just came in from work. Let him get some rest then when it's quiet and just you and him with no distractions then talk to him calmly and tell him what your feeling.
    JayRo00

Answer by JayRo00 at 8:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• If there is an important issue i want to discuss but I know he'll say something stupid and I'm likely to get mad I write down exactly what I want to get across and use it when I sit down with him.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 8:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2011