After becoming a mom do you feel like you have grown into a woman yet?

I feel like I am to old to do some stuff with my girl friends because I have become more mature than them. Are you suppose to feel this way after you have childre?

shelle21

Asked by shelle21 at 8:32 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I feel like you do! I know that going out and painting the town is fun but can't allow myself to do it like i used to because I feel too old. Heck, I'm still trying to decide if 28 is too old for a belly ring lol
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:40 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I think you're supposed to feel that way BEFORE you have children.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:35 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I had my DD in my late 20's. I felt mature before I had her and even more mature as I have been able to do the right things by my child.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:36 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I felt I was a woman before I had children. But no, there aren't really anythings that I feel to old or mature to do, besides maybe ride the kiddy rides at the fair.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:41 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I was 18 when I had my dd and looking back I was in no way shape or form a woman just because I had a baby. I couldnt do what my friends were. I wasnt bitter about it, just couldnt. I think there is a difference in being a mom and all woman if that makes sense.

Answer by gemgem at 8:47 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Count yourself LUCKY you matured. Not everyone does. Iv known 35 y.o who act like 17 and had kid's. Its just sad when you see a Mom who is immature
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:55 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I was like that before I had my kid.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:13 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I was 31 when I had my first, so I wouldn't say I felt more like an adult woman, but I will say that I got smarter about planning and more organized, that's a form of maturity.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:22 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I think that is how it should be. By the time I was ready to start TTC, I had experienced all the "young life" I wanted and was ready to trade that lifestyle in for the role of "mommy". Fortunately, most of my friends either had kids or have since had kids and we entered that age together.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:24 AM on Apr. 12, 2011