Moms with two girls?????

Please give me some positive thoughts on having two girls. I have a 5 year old that will turn 6 in Dec. and this one is due in Sept. I wanted a boy and am going through a little disappointment. Just need to hear something about two girls to make me smile and think positive. And with the age difference, I am scared they won't have anything in common.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• My girls are 15 yrs apart! I have 5 kids, my oldest & youngest are girls. I have boys in between. My oldest was thrilled to finally have a sister and even though they only lived together a couple years before my oldest moved they are close. My oldest takes her sister shopping, does her hair, and keeps her "in style".

Answer by gemgem at 8:49 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Girls are great, I have two and they are so different, my littlest one is almost like a boy, daring and tomboyish but shes so gorgeous and my oldest is sweet, rebellious at times, and very smart, the thing I love about little girls is they can embody such differences whereas sadly boys aren't supposed to you know, we expect boys to be boys, so to speak but girls can be so much more all at once, not to mention you have better clothes for baby girls, hair bows, ruffles and lace!
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 8:49 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I had a son and two girls. My son turned in to a selfish self absorbed jerk who won't even speak to his family anymore but my two daughters are precious delights of my life. They are different in personalities but that's a plus. Of course they have something in common. They are sisters!!!!! You can enjoy this combination if you keep a positive attitude. If you find it negative then you can project that on them and they can have low self esteem and the feeling of not being wanted. Please guard them from that

Answer by admckenzie at 8:50 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Aw, I love having 2 girls and don't ever feel like I'm missing out on anything by not having a boy! Your older daughter will probably enjoy helping take care of the new baby and it will make her feel like a very special big girl :-) There are always pros and cons to every different age gap, and no "perfect" spacing between kids. Just try to focus on the POSITIVE aspects of the age difference (ie, daughter will help fetch diapers, hold baby,) and know that when your baby gets here, you'll love her to pieces and won't be staring at her, wishing she were a boy. Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:51 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• hey, i have THREE girls and zero boys! they are ages 4, 2, and 1. some days i want to rip my hair out, because lets face it, girls are moody and emotional! but it's not so bad, they are also best friends and get along great.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I'm the oldest sister of three girls, I love my younger sister so much. We were great friends growing up (well, myself and my sister two years younger than me fought a lot until High School) but now we're all very close. I'm also the mother of one baby girl and I would be delighted if some day she has a sister and can share the joys of sisterhood I do with my own sisters.
    EBee12

Answer by EBee12 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I have two girls that are 3 years apart. I love it and wouldn't want it any other way! They can share toys, potty training is the same, I got to keep some of my favorite clothes from my oldest and reuse them (those cute baby clothes I just didn't part with aww.. too cute). The girly giggles and pretty dress up things they do together.. I love it. Today they are 2 and 5 and best buddies!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:20 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My sister and I are 6 years apart, and we really couldn't BE any closer! I am the older sister, so I am always trying to protect her and give her advice and whatever, and she's one that worries about me as well, because I do so much am always thinking of others. I also have 2 girls, and they are so fun! Just think of all the dress up parties, prom dresses being passed down, wedding dress(if your family does that), manicures together... In the beginning it will be a little harder, but you'll pull through it beautifully. Good luck!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2011