I am getting depressed.... HELP!!!!!

I am 18 weeks pregnant and have gained 11 pounds, which I don't think is good. And I now have a broken vein or something on my top thigh in which can be seen ins shorts and a bathing suit. I don't know if it is a vein or what, a big purple spot. I have gained all the weight in my legs and butt and I don't even want to get in a bathing suit. I was planning on still wearing a bikini but don't know now. I was 4'11 and weighed 108 prior to pregnancy and had a flat stomach that was very toned. I know this sounds vain but I just can't help it!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Girl I understand I had a cute little body before my first child and she completely wrecked it LOL My only advice is to continue a exercise routine, don't g over board eating ( my sis-inlaw is/was very small and took pregnancy as a time to eat like she was starving 24 hours a day and has gained 55 lbs and is 26 weeks) if you dont drastically change your diet and eat healthy you will be fine, and it is perfectly normal to go through spjurt in your pregnancy where you might gain a few extra pounds than normal but overall 11 lbs isnt too bad a weight gain and your baby needs you to gain weight to be healthy so try not to think I'm fat but that you areproviding your baby with a healthy environment. enjoy this time its the only time you can be chubby and society view it as ok... LOL
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 8:55 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Maybe try on some suits and find one that appeals to you more now. It will be nice to indulge yourself.

Answer by Bmat at 8:55 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• 11 pounds is nothing. Your body is going to change a lit more over the next few months. Bikinis are cute with a pregnant belly popping out. Also, it sounds like the spot on your leg might be a varicose vein. I don't know what to do for these- but I know that they're very common in pregnancy.

Try to enjoy your pregnancy and focus on your growingbaby rather than what the scale says or you will drive yourself crazy. I gained 55 lbs with both pregnancies and went below my pre pregnancy weight within a year if having each with very minimal diet and exercise. Once you have a baby you lose a ton of weight through breastfeeding and chasing after your little one.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I bet you look awesome! Most people would be jealous of your little baby bump. And don't worry you'll get right back into shape when your little one pops out :)
    itsmummy

Answer by itsmummy at 9:14 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Don't stress over 11 pounds. I gained 30-35 with both of my other pregnancies, and this time, I have gained 70! I am about your size too. 5'0" and was 115 when I started. It will either go back or it wont, but while I'm pregnant I'm not going to worry about it. Just try to make sure you're getting enough nutritious food to eat and leave it alone.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:19 AM on Apr. 12, 2011