Are all boys "Momma's boys"???????

I have longed to have a boy to have that special bond like my hubby and daughter but found out I am having another girl. I feel like I will be missing out on something! Although I love my daughter more than life itself, I just wanted that bond that you hear about!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• In varying degrees but they grow up and then that bond is just, well, different. I have 3 boys and my oldest son is almost 19 and never really been a mommas boy. He rarely calls or comes over unless he wants something. My 17 yr old was more of a mommas boy growing up and again when he got to around 17 that fell off some because he has a gf now so lol, I am second place. I still have my 11 yr old son but I know what to expect now. They love us, and are into us as little kids, but that mother son bond is not the same when they get older. It is the same for men though, their dds eventually grow up and they get replaced with husbands.

Answer by gemgem at 8:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• No - my 2 yo prefers my husband to me. I'm not "allowed" to do anything for him when Daddy's home! I know it's because I'm home with him all the time and Daddy will play rough with him which he likes. Right now my daughter only has eyes for me - she's 9 months. I also have 2 older sons and an older daughter - they were all "momma's kids" and none of them preferred their dad. It depends more on the child and the parent rather than the sex of the child.

Answer by missanc at 9:08 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I Have 4 boys. I Know what you mean! I Have longed for a girl.
    To have that experience. Personality and how you raise them
    Plays a vital role in the development of our relationships. I pray for sweat daughter
    In laws. We try to instill the importance of the importance of
    Family. I Also plant seeds of the importance of choosing the right
    Mate and character qualities to look for. I Have plenty of friends
    With grown kids of both sexes with amazing full relationships.
    All in the parenting! Remember God sees the big picture in all
    Our lives!
    jdct

Answer by jdct at 9:10 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• No, when it comes down to it my son is a daddy's boy and always has been.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• No, certainly not. My DH has total respect for his mother but is certainly not a momma's boy.

My DD is completely a momma's girl. This one may be a momma's girl....embrace it! Momma's girls are THE BEST!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:00 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My two boys are 100% daddy's boys. My girl is a momma's girl. It may change as they get older though.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:21 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• im in between! my sisters little boy is difinitely a mama's boy right now, but other friends boys are daddys boys, but thats when they are older. my siters kid is 2years old and i think when they are small they gravitate to the mom, but as they get older they are more to the daddys side. but the son will always hold his moms heart no matter what!
    tcline27

Answer by tcline27 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2011