Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How pissed would you be? Warning- Bad language! adult content

So our neighbor downstairs has decided that banging on the ceiling and yelling swear words at us and our cats isn't enough...He has started screaming " Fucking BRAT!!!" up through the floor at our 11 month old son. He has done it twice in the last month, both for our baby dropping a little plastic toy on the wood floor. Yes, it made noise, but not enough to bother anyone, so what the Hell?!!? We have never made contact with this neighbor, even after living here for over a year, because he ducks into his house or car whenever he sees anyone coming. He is VERY anti-social, and honestly I can see why no one even tries to talk to the old grouch. I wanted to call the police the first time he banged on our floor/his ceiling, but my hubby begged me not to. Every time since then that he has sworn or banged or whatever, I have been completely ripping pissed, but haven't gone down to yell at him because I think he is an unstable nutcase and usually my husband isn't home. I am also pregnant and would rather not have a fight with the old bastard while I'm pregnant. My husband doesn't want me to call the police and set off a chain of we call/he calls, but I really want to just hoping it will scare the mean bastard into leaving us alone. What do you ladies think? And how pissed would you be at somebody for using that kind of language at your baby?


Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (16)
  • If you're in an apartment, have you tried complaining to the management? That would be my first step, not the police.

    Answer by vicesix at 9:07 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • Id be pissed and I would call the police. I would explain to them you feel threatened and harassed and dont want to say anything in case he is mentally or emotionally unstable. Your husband will just have to deal with it. You are the one home all day and pregnant.

    Answer by gemgem at 9:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • Honestly, I would have called the cops the FIRST time he screamed obscenities at my child. I don't care if the kid stomps up and down the apartment all day and screams all night- NO ONE should talk to an 11 month old child that way, or ANY child for that matter.

    Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:22 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • Not totally defending the guy (he should not be banging and cussing) but we have a 2 story and my ds room is right above the living room (all hardwood floors) when he drops a pencil (really a pencil) it sounds like he dropped a book! I finally put a large area rug down and that alleviated alot of the "echo noise". I would take up the banging and swearing with management.

    I would be upset he was banging and cursing...especially having a baby there.

    Answer by brypmom at 10:49 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • Call the police. Its you and your child that have to deal with this jerk most of the time. You don't want your child learning the language from this guy (because children seem to pick up the bad words better than the good ones).

    Also, I would give the child a pot and wooden spoon to play with next time child dropped a car and this guy got upset. Also, I would probably start "walking heavy" when he got upset at a little toy being dropped.

    Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:04 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • Car/toy/whatever, LOL.

    Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:04 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • I would keep a log of everytime he does this (as proof) and call the police each time he does it. If your husband does not like it-- too bad then maybe HE should talk to the jerk and tell him to stuff it!

    Answer by MizLee at 9:06 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • I would be looking for a new place to live.

    Answer by ria7 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • In our apt complex we have to contact the management if there is a problem with a neighbor.

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • I would talk to the manager first, usually that will solve the problem.If it doesn't help then the police would be the next step.

    Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 12, 2011