Why do people (mainly men) think you aren't a man if you don't conceive a boy?

We have two daughters and my hubby gets picked on about not being able to make a boy! Which of course his response is, it takes a man to knock the balls off!!! LOL!!! But why is this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• Because it is scientific fact? Men choose the sex of the children. It is their sperm that determines the sex, not our egg.

Answer by gemgem at 8:59 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• even though, what does that have do with being a man. I've known many wimpy men with sons and many manly men without sons. I also have two daughters and my husband really wants a boy, he doesnt care how many kids it takes to get one. and its not just men, its everyone, especially old women i find. so stupid. its natural to conceive both, it shouldnt matter people!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 9:07 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• it has nothing to do with how manly they are. the fact is that female sperm don't die as quickly as male sperm, so their chances of reaching the egg first are higher.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:11 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• We are on our third girl, and all anyone has said is "one more try for a boy?" I am sure he would be "the man" if we ever do have a boy, though.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:15 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I wish I knew my first husband and I had a girl and he would always make statements about wanting a boy, etc pissed me off and to top it off he had as one night stand with a unsavory woman and until he found out it was a boy she got pregnant with it wasnt his or might be but now it is..and he is refusing to take a dna test...he's an idiot.. lol
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• we have 5 DD's and 1 son and my hubby is very manly and he got this talk and still does, but people are ignorant it has nothing to do with how manly they are, male sperm die faster that is all.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:27 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Never-ever heard of men feeling this way. I'm sure his friends are just messing with him. I wouldn't take it so literally.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:58 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• cause men are always looking for things to make other men less "manly"...its what some guys do. im sure in his group of friends they tease other guys about other things that make them less a man.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Because when a bunch of men get together, they become 7 years old again and say dopey things because Mommy can't hear it! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:21 AM on Apr. 12, 2011