Hitting between a 3 and 4 year old...

I have a 4 year old daughter and I babysit a 3 year old girl. The 3 year old is a hitter! I've put her in numerous time outs, taken priviledges away, talked with her, etc. I've tried everything I can think of to let this little girl know you can't hit, or kick, or throw toys at other kids' heads.
Any ideas? I half debated on telling my daughter to smack her back LOL but I figure that's probably not the most mature thing to teach my daughter.

marine_wife0520

Asked by marine_wife0520 at 9:06 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• acutally i've dealt with a lot of this. and you should teach ur daughter to smack her back, they'll fight a little but then as soon as the kid realizes she's gonna get hit back every time, she'll stop. worked for me like 6 cases. its not about teaching ur daughter, but its the only way thats gonna work unless u wanna jump in between them every 2 minutes.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 9:09 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I second fefe.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 9:12 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I agree with the other ladies, it worked with mine. My son is really bad about hitting his sister, she got tired of it one day and smacked him back. They'll go at it for a minute but then one of them will say ok enough and stop.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Oh my gosh are you serious? LOL I thought I'd be the only that suggested it. I talked to the little girl's dad, her mom is deployed and he thinks it has something to do with that. Either way it's not okay. I was thinking like you guys, if she learns she'll get hit back then maybe she'll stop.
    marine_wife0520

Comment by marine_wife0520 (original poster) at 9:37 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I don't think you should tell your dd to hit her back. Have you talked with the 3 yr olds parents?
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:16 AM on Apr. 12, 2011