To everyone who has had their legs waxed...

Did it hurt? I have no tolerance for pain lol. Also, did your legs swell up or become really red? I ask because I am going on vacation in a couple weeks and don't really want to worry about shaving everyday. Also, how long was it before you needed to re wax/shave them?

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• i wax every month. ur legs need time getting used to it though. like u need to wax a few times. the first few times are painful but then not anymore.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• it hurt and having to wait for the hair to grow back enough for the next wax was just a pain and i ended up shaving again anyway.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:18 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I have no pain tolerance either and I owed a beauty shop for years..........waxing legs to me is like pulling your insides out of your legs..I am a big baby and there is no way in hell I would ever go through that pain again, I promise if she would have not put the wax on both legs at one time only one would have been un hairy!!! Some women can handle it and I say more power to them, I have 4 tatoos and would have that done a million times before I broke out my razor. GL
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 9:21 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I didn't think it was that painful. There was a little bit of redness, but it went away within a day. I'd say it lasted me about 3 weeks.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• There is a small amount of pain, but to me it's worth it not to have to shave every day! When I first started, it was only a couple weeks before I needed to do it again but after doing it for a while I can go up to 5-6 weeks before I need to wax again (the hair does have to have a little bit of growth for the wax to be able to grab, but I can go a couple weeks stubble free - and the hair that does grow back in seems much lighter)

Answer by missanc at 9:37 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• it doesn't hurt at all! no redness or swelling, and for me, i can do it every 6wks. (very little hair!)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:37 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• It does not hurt me, but i literally have thick skin. It's a mind over matter thing. If you freak out about it, it will hurt more. if you stay calm & wear your big girl undies (sarcasm) it will hurt less. When the mind is nervous, pain hurts more. This is true...

I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE getting waxed. I don't have to shave for a month!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:44 AM on Apr. 12, 2011