Have you ever received a rude comment when you're at the store with your kids? adult content

i got my first one a few weeks ago at wal-mart. i was there by myself with my 3 young daughters (4, 2, and 1) all of them were behaving just fine, sitting in the cart and talking and playing with eachother. i was minding my own business as usual trying to do what most people at walmart do.. shop. i am 24, turning 25 this year so i can imagine what people probably think. i have gotten comments before like "are they all yours?" and stuff but nothing was like what this old hag said to me. she walked up to us, and said the usual "are they all yours?" with such a disgusted look on her face. i said "yep" and smiled, to be nice and respectful. she shook her head and said "you're a busy lady" and shook her head and walked away in disgust. i was shocked! ive never encountered a rude old lady before. i am also married, and we made our big family when my husband was a soldier in the army, so what's the big fuckin deal?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I dont see a problem with it.. then again my mother had 3 kids by 20. Just ignore it and be proud you have such behaved little girls!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:24 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I was 22 with 3 kids under 4 so I understand lol, now I have 5 so you can imagine. I have had people ask me if they were all mine and be rude about it. I finally say yes they are, are they not the cutest in the world? Some people have asked me if I was Catholic, and I say "Yes I am why?" and that shuts them up. Other times they say "Do you know what causes that?" and I say "No I dont do you?".

Answer by gemgem at 9:27 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I'm sorry you had to listen to someone being so rude to you. I know it's hard, but try not to let it get you down. People are going to think what they want to. You know you are a great mom!
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:27 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I can honestly say that I've never had anyone say anything that I perceived as rude to me regarding my kids in the almost 10 years since I became a mom. I mean, I've never had a stranger say anything.
    I think it's important to keep in mind that there are some strange folks out there who just say weird stuff anyway. Particularly with old people--god I love them, but some of them can get a bit senile and say odd things. Don't let stuff like that bother you.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Ignore her, I'm sure you are a great mom ! I got that a lot when my first one was younger, I had him at 24 but I look younger than I am so I was always hearing that I was too young to have a kid and should have finished school first lol.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I have had A LOT of rude comments, have two kids ages 2yo and 1yo at the age of 20, i'm now 21. I don't see the big deal as long as we're a great mother to our children, provide, nurture, love, care, play etc....with them.! SO BE IT even if you had 10 kids.....people are so quick to judge =[
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 9:36 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• By the time I was 21 I had 3 kids, ages 2,1, and a newborn. They are all with the same person whom I'm still with. He works over the road for months so I had to walk to the store, right next to our house, almost daily. One day an old lady looked at my kids, who were behaving perfectly fine and said "I feel bad for you". I was pissed. My children aren't a burden I wanted them, and we provide do for all of them with no assistance!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:55 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• It is a stranger, as much as it is irritating when someone sticks their nose in your business. Just look at them, and ignore it. What the hell does a stranger know about your life anyway.
    PrdMilWife

Answer by PrdMilWife at 9:37 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Ive had people say stuff to my son because he wears an eye patch, but he is quick witted when they are smartassy about it. He tells em he's just practicing to be a pirate and they must be jealous cause pirates rock. :) I take what other people say with a grain of salt, I've also taught my children to do so as well.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:47 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I have a son with ADHD,AUTISM,and sensory processing disorder so I get the rude comments and crazy looks often.Deep down it hurts my feelings but I just try to shake it off, hold my head high, and be proud,My son didn't ask to be like this but he is and I love him no matter what.Then I usually get on my computer and vent , these women can help alot!
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 12, 2011