DID ANYONE NOT KNOW THIS????

I just received a TXT from CNN telling me that: "The U.S. entered a recession in December 2007, according to the National Bureau of Economic Research." (That is a direct quote from my cell phone)

Seriously, was I the ONLY person who knew this?

How many millions do you think they spent figuring that out?

Works4Mom.com

Asked by Works4Mom.com at 1:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Money & Work

• LOL thats why Bush sent stimulus checks because we were in or headed to a recession. I guess they didnt get the memo or missed the whole stimulus check news. Maybe they didnt get a check? LOL

Answer by gemgem at 1:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I keep hearing we are not in a true recession. Whatever the heck that means. All I know is we are financially hurting right now....so regardless...my family is in a recession. :O)

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I've been hearing the term "recession" since 9/11 happened. Now, I'm a youngin', so I have like NO experience when it comes to the economy and stuff. I just remember hearing about a recession for years and years.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• True recession is negative growth for 3 consecutive quarters according to the GDP numbers. I believe we have only had 1 quarter that has went negative so far...
    Anonymous