Will they really take my son away from me? What are my chances?

The only bad thing they think they have on me is that I have moved my son to much. He has only known my parents house his dads house and where we live now. I have done everything I can for him sense before he was born but that doesn't seem to matter. It hurts alot I cry alot. The not knowing is killing me. The father tells me I don't deserve JJ. He never wanted a kid and now all of a sudden he wants to grow up. I don't understand how it is he can do this to me.

Faith318

Asked by Faith318 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 10, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Is there a custody battle between you and JJ's father? I'm not sure who it is you're afraid will take him away. If it is a custody battle they usually side with the mother. So long as you have a job and are able to feed, clothe, and shelter him then you're fine. If you're abusive or something then that would cause problems. Moving a lot (and 3 houses is not a lot) isn't grounds for taking your child away. If it were then anyone who is in the military would lose their kids!
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 10:27 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• depending on the state you live i guess,but most of the time they have to proove your unfit,exp:use drugs,drink to much,party all the time,abuse him,they cant take him just because you move,there are alot of unfit mom out there and 4 them to pick on you is wrong,some one close to you had to report you and more then likly its the father,dont give up you have a good chance to win this,you shouldnt worry too much just do your best to keep him stable,and they wont have a leg to stand on...
    luna74

Answer by luna74 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2008