• In the Spotlight:

Do you think the world will really end in 2012?

Watching the history channel and they say that theres a comment or asteroid commin for us killing us all!!! I have slight case of paranoia now, but not enough to make me buy Wal-Mart out of all its caned foods... And I'm sure that I will forget by next week, but still! Do you really think it will happen? Gosh I hope not I like this life thing :)

Amber1109

Asked by Amber1109 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Nope I dont think it will. There are always doomsday theories out there but I dont think we will ever know when "the end" is coming. Itll just come.

Answer by gemgem at 1:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• No. I think my kids will drive me to an early grave before an asteroid hits the earth and destroys us. :O)

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:09 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Hmmm...well both the indigenous people of Latin America and the ancient Chinese came up with 2012 as doomsday...Could be. They were very accurate on a lot of things.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 1:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Oh dear lord.
    No, it won't. Stop watching that stuff, it's just there to scare you and freak you out. You'll lead a much happier life if you don't focus on that stuff, it can take over your entire life and cause serious anxiety issues (I should know, I put too much thought into the 2012 stuff and I became clinically depressed for a time). Remember Y2K? That was eight years ago. We're still here. If you're Christian, put faith in God and remember that nobody knows when "the end" will come. Not scientists, not historians, not crazy internet bloggers, nobody. We as humans are always looking to the end, it's our nature. But if you go crazy and focus on that...you'll feel plenty bad when 2013 comes and you spent the last four years worrying about 2012.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:11 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Humm maybe we should buy a bug stock in MREs and seeds, and a big book on how to grow food... LOL
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Guess we will figure it out in a few years lol
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Also, a lot of people are going to lose a lot of their hard-earned money that year because they'll be stocking up for "doomsday". A lot of people are going to get very rich because they feed off the fears of the uneducated. If this truly scares you, google "2012" and do your own research. There's millions of articles and discussions about it. I have never once heard about an asteroid hitting earth that year though, and the history channel has really gone downhill lately with all of their scare tactics. If you buy a bunch of survival crap, you'll just be giving in to what the crazy conspiracy theorists looking to get rich quick want you to do. If you freak out, they win.

And don't scare your kids with this, PLEASE. When you're anxious about something, your kids will be too. Don't be telling them they're all going to be dead in a few years because some ancient civilization said they would be.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• LMFAO southerncharms...I agree my kids will put me in the grave and they are way more scary than a silly little asteriod! I swear people with no kids live forever! Only we dumb enough to have kids die! Too funny!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Yes if Sarah Palin runs for Pres and actually wins....
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I'm a Catholic, and it says in the Bible that only God himself knows the day the earth will pass away. It says it will happen when no one expects it. We also have a prayer with the words "world without end" in it. So people on earth can guess about the day, but as long as we're thinking it's going to happen, I guess we can be sure that it won't!
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 1:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2008