I am currently 38 weeks & 2 days, I'm curenlty dialated 4.5cm. Is there any advice to help me dialate to more. I have a dr's appt 2morrow but I'm so ready to del'd. This is my 2nd child with my 1st pregnancy my son was 6wks early and i was 4cm at 7mths but with this pregancy its totally different. Please advise on suggestions with helping diatlate more before my dr's appt.

AngieAng12

Asked by AngieAng12 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• walk..... eat spicey food .. go up and down stairs . go on boat ride
    damionsmommy2

Answer by damionsmommy2 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Walk, walk, walk! The walking will allow gravity to help the baby drop, and as his/her head lays against your cervix, it will assist it in dilating.
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Thank you very much ladies, I'm on way to the mall.
    AngieAng12

Comment by AngieAng12 (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• You still have two weeks left. Why wear yourself out like that? That only works if your body was going to do it anyway. I was at five for about 2 months and they still didn't take me. And with multiple babies doctors take into account that you can dialate and undialate slightly because of the stretchyness of the cervix. When you are standing up all day, then get checked you will appear more dialated. My friend is an OB nurse, and she told me dialation isn't used as a sole indicator to keep someone at the hospital. There needs to be regular contractions as well unless the patient is at 6 cm or more, or dialating every hour. There has to be progress.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Thank you very much for the information.
    AngieAng12

Comment by AngieAng12 (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2011