So damn happy.... and nervous...

So I found out yesterday that I'm having a little girl. I'm happy of course but I heard that almost ALL girls are daddys girls... Is this a myth? Not that I want my baby to like me better then her father I just hope she wont play favorites... I know how childish this sounds... and maybe I'm just paranoid... but I can't help but feel like she'll be more attached to her father...

Shanti0327

Asked by Shanti0327 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it's not 100% true. i have 3 girls, 1 of which is a daddy's girl and he's not even her real daddy but he's the only daddy she's ever known. my middle daughter is completely a mommy's girl, she has been attached to me since the day she was born. she was so attached, infact, she was 3 weeks LATE! she wanted to stay close to me as long as possible lol and now at 2 years old is still my little shadow. my youngest is also a girl and she's a mix of both. but nonetheless, all 3 of them love us the same just as we love them the same. there is just a different bond between us.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• btw, congrats on your soon to be baby girl!
    tnm786

• @tnm786: Thank you. =] ... That helped alot.
    Shanti0327

Comment by Shanti0327 (original poster) at 9:53 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Actually, my step-daughter is more attached to me than her father. My daughter with my husband is 50/50 most days. Some days she needs mommy more than daddy and vise versa, but I find a nice balance with her.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I know how you feel. I have ALWAYS wanted a little girl, literally my entire life. I found out on Feb 1st that I am having a baby boy. I am still excited, and I still love him just the same, but I am worried that since he is a boy, he will bond more with his father and I will be the odd one out because Im a girl.
    lizjones

Answer by lizjones at 11:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• @Kari727: I guess that makes sense that she would mommy and daddy for different things. I guess that would balance things out. thanks =]

@lizjones: I think boys are almost always more attached to mommy because they have a touch daddies can't give. ^_^
    Shanti0327

Comment by Shanti0327 (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I have a little girl and she always wants to be with me cus im with her all day while my husband is at work she follows me everywhere i go even when hes here and if i need to use the bathroom before we leave somewhere or if i forgot something my husband never wants to wait for me cus i take so long lol but my daughter always waits for me :-) so i think shes more attached to me than her daddy and im pregnant with baby # 2 that could be another reason why she always wants to be with me ill find out what im having on the 22nd of this month im so excited congrats on your little girl dont worry she will love both of you the same :-)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• @alexia_09: Thanks hon. I'm glade to see the steriotype isn't always true. =] and congrats on your baby and good luck!
    Shanti0327

Comment by Shanti0327 (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Apr. 13, 2011