Could you ever forgive

your husband of cheating on you (a fling, no emotional or continual contact) if he made some genuine efforts to make ammends with you? And if not, would you leave/divorce right away or just live with him for your children's sake?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes, I could forgive. We are human and we all make mistakes. Some mistakes are just bigger than others. If I truly loved my husband then I could and would forgive him.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• my bf's parents are going thru this and i feel so bad for her husband bc hes really trying. he really takes care of her and the family but she is still so mean. its been a few years and they just got seperated a couple months ago. she thinks its his responsibiliy to fix it but you know...it takes two and she isnt helping it.
    Anonymous

• yes i would bc everyone sins but you can forgive. its tough but you can do it. it may make your relationship stronger. (i know this from experience)
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• nope.. i could never forgive.. i always say: who ever did it once, will probably do it again. and i would def. not live with him just because of the kids. I couldnt look at this man without puking at him.

sorry, but cheating is one of the worse things a man can do to his wife/girlfriend. its just disgusting.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My ex cheated on me 3 times all with friends of mine. I took him back the first 2 times but, after the 3rd time had to get rid of him. Once a cheater always a cheater. You make the call.
    Anonymous

• once a cheater always a cheater isnt always the case. some people can be very sincere with changing their ways
    Anonymous

• Well, it's still cheating and a major breach of trust. Some of it would depend on the circumstances such as was he drunk at the time, was it with someone near us, and were they equally sorry, etc. I would ask him to leave until I had decided what I should do. If this was the first time, and he told me about it himself, I would probably allow him to return home but if it happened again then that would be it.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 1:22 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Nope, the second I found out I'd head for the courthouse and file for divorce, he'd get to see our son but he'd never see me again. Just as well, I think if he cheated on me it proves he didn't love me in the first place.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 1:27 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Nope! Never! Ever!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I forgave my h for the cheating. Men do it. It's a way of life for some. I did'nt forgive him for the mental abuse that went along with it.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2008