Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Child support

I finally got k-tap (child's support) for my son but I have to do eighty hours of commutiy service. A month for it. While his dad sits in jail without having to worry. Which is that.l? Which should I have Toronto community service for child support for my son it does not make since. There pay 20 a week to put my son in day care for 200 a month for child support. Is three somehong I missed or just to dumb to understand

Answer Question

Asked by ukeepmegoing at 9:53 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 5 (98 Credits)
Answers (15)
  • I have never heard of doing community service to get child support.

    Answer by CraftingMama at 9:54 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • are you sure its not familys first you are recieving instead of child support. Child support is when the father pays you money.

    Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:54 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • going crazywow


    Answer by Dahis at 9:55 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • You have to do volunteer work unless you have a job.

    Answer by rhonda111787 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • This is not child support. It is financial assistance or welfare. It makes sense to me. If you get a job, that will probably take the place of the communitiy service. And since the child is in daycare you don't have to worry about that. You will be building your employment skills. If you can't get a job, look for community service that will be meaningful to your future.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 9:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • In Tn if you recieve benefits from the state (not food stamps or medicaid) but like they pay your daycare/you get a card with money on it then that is called Families First and if you are not working you have to do community service until you find a job.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • The Family Self-Sufficiency Branch helps low-income families in Kentucky with the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) cash benefit program. In Kentucky, the cash assistance program is called the Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program (K-TAP). K-TAP provides a short-term cash benefit to families with children under the age of 18, or under age 19 if a full-time secondary student. Most adults who receive K-TAP must participate in a work activity.

    There is nothing wrong and everything right with having to do work or contribute to receive.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 10:00 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • Ya, to me, this sounds like financial assistance, not child support. If you're looking for Child support from your child's other parent, then you need to go to the court house and talk to them.

    Answer by GothicChk52 at 10:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • I have a jobn just have not started and as soon as I work all my help will be takin away

    Comment by ukeepmegoing (original poster) at 10:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • You can't work and recieve benefits.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.