Measuring small?

Just had my doctors appointment this morning and I'm 28 weeks today and I'm measuring 27. She said it's fine though.

Does this have anything to do with the due date or what?

Experienced mamma's :)

jessiskinner200

Asked by jessiskinner200 at 9:58 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it could or it couldn't everybaby is different my son was measuring 23 weeks at 28 and he was born early at 6#3oz just eat right and don't stress
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Have you consistently measured small, or was there a change with today? It could be that baby is just in a different position than usual. Also, as long as there isn't a big difference it's usually not something to worry about.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• She said it doesn't have anything to do with my due date, I'm just trying to get a better idea as to why we would measure smaller.
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• No I haven't consistently measured small. Just today.
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 10:08 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• mine is under weight according to the specialist who has me at 29wks so he wants me to eat more that will be hard since im already a large person and dont like to eat when im not hungry
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I am 29 weeks today. I have to go to the doctors today for an ultrasound to measure my little man because my belly has been measuring small my past 2 appointments. When I was 27 weeks I measured like 23. My doctor said that it may just be that my belly is small because I had a tiny figure before I got pregnant, and that my baby is probably the right size. So I am getting an ultrasound today for them to measure him and make sure he is the right size, but they told me I shouldnt worry about it since I feel like every move he makes and he feels super crammed in there lol.
    But If they are telling me not to worry and I am measuring like 4 smaller than I should be, then I think you should be okay if your just 1 off.
    lizjones

Answer by lizjones at 11:26 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Alright thanks hun. :)
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2011