Question for all you pregos that are or have waitressed while pregnant!

How many of you waitressed either full or almost full time while pregnant? When did you end up having your babies?

I work 4-5 days a week, 8hrs a day waitressing. I've also been walking outside of work whenever I can which tends to only be 2-4 days a week lately with how tired I am, but we're trying! Everyone keeps telling me to watch out that she could very well come early because of how much I'm on my feet each day.

I'll be 37 weeks this upcoming Sunday and have placed my bet at 38 weeks for having her! This is my second baby, but I'm not sure if that makes a difference, especially since with my first I had to have a c-section before getting to dilate much.

ours

Asked by ours at 10:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I waitressed while pregnant, so did two friends of mine. I did not waitress as long as you have into the pregnancy but my two friends did and both had to be induced. It is exercise in a way and if you have done it your entire pregnancy then it probably will not affect labor or when the baby is born unless of course you injure yourself. Just be careful. You know those slippery floors, heavy trays and what not are hard enough even when you arent pregnant. On a side note, we all got very awesome tips lol.

Answer by gemgem at 10:21 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I wanted to take off work pretty soon so that I could deep clean the house, and get things ready, but that's just not an option anymore. It's okay though, I feel fine enough to keep working till she decides to come. :] About tips, I'm definitely going to miss that the most after I have her! I swear I can have days where I do the bare minimum and still leave with more than everyone else!

So "gemgem" you don't think being on your feet helps with the baby coming early or not? I was hoping it did! All my doctor has told me is that she doesn't think I'm in any danger of going over my due date with how much I'm working.
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• The first time i became pregnant i was a waitress..i had a misscarriage at work at around 9 weeks, i can not say if it happend due to all the lifting all day, but when i became pregnant with my son i quit my job about a month in, it was hard financially, but dealing with a miscarriage in my opinion is way worse than not being able to afford the extras in life...i know so many women who have waitressed while preggers and they were fine..one of my friends even worked two waitressing jobs up until she was about 7 months. Im pretty much scarred from waitressing while pregnant after the miscarriage, but thats just me.
    AydensMommy1109

Answer by AydensMommy1109 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My mom waitressed while pregnant, with twins! She went to 38 weeks and worked up until the day before she had us. I don't have any other experience!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 12, 2011