What are your financial....

hardships
hopes
dreams

Ill start..
Financially our hardships are th credit card bills, I just finished paying off what was a whopper at 25,000 to begin with..just sent the last 5,200.00 off but there are others..
hopes would be to be completely debt free...with the exception of the house b/c id like to move...school and activities and groceries and vacations etc...life, pd for by cash
dreams would be go anywhere anytime b/c we never have a financial care...

Im on my way, and I WILL make it happen...my kids deserve better and will have it..how bout you

Happymom2-2

Asked by Happymom2-2 at 10:11 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• Being debt free is incredible, and you deserve to live life enjoying it that way. GL to you with that goal, I wish everyone could enjoy the freedom that comes with it.
    What plan are you currently using to be debt free?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:19 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Happymom2-2 , are you in the Dave Ramsey fans group here? If you aren't, please check it out. Everyone there is in the process of becoming debt free or already is and is now saving for retirement, etc.

We don't have any 'hardships'. We are debt free and paying off our mortgage in the next 2-3 years.
    My hopes are that nothing goes wrong with our plan to pay off the mortgage.
    My dreams are to be in a place where my husband can retire somewhat early and we can enjoy the rest of our lives together without money worries in our old age.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Hardship I have a job but not enough hours or pay. Hope to get a second job and start paying off school loans no dreams just a reality for my company to become the fortune 5000 we know its going to be.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Hardships - don't really have any. I have taken a great amount of care to live within our means and try to save a little when we can.
    Hopes - that I will get the raise I want and can then quit my second job.
    Dreams - that I can work one job and still save for our retirement/college fund. That hubby's job will pick up so he can make more money too.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Hardship: fixing my jeep

Hope: to keep my bills to a minimum, like they already are. I pay my phone & $400 away from paying my jeep off.

Dream: not to worry about $, just living my life. Which has already pretty much came true & I make $1000 a month.

You pay for luxuries you "can't do without". Being happy w less can solve a lot of unnecessary stress, arguements, etc. Or smarter buying. I have the latest phone, shoes & 3 dogs w all up to date medical care. Although, not having any addictions helps too. I don't smoke or drink.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 10:39 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• No hardships.

We are living our dream of being debt-free (mortgage paid off early, no car payments since 1989, no loans, no credit card debt, kids college funds and our retirement accounts are fully funded, etc.).

We watch every penny but are not missing out on anything; we still vacation, have money to go out and buy things. It's all good!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• hardships- income
    hopes- increase the income
    dreams- Become a millionaire =)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Well Im familiar with the Dave Ramsey method I can't say specifically I am on it...My business at home has really been my biggest blessing, so with it ultimately I have just self disciplined and use cash, if I dont have it then I dont have it...The income at home is better than I ever dreamed, so I focus on one task at a time...with being Mom as #1.
    Writing the dreams down and visualzing them has helped tremendously as well.
    Happymom2-2

Comment by Happymom2-2 (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2011