Anyone loosing weight?

I was wondering how many of us have the goal to loose weight this year. I stepped on the scale at the beginning of the month and was horrified at the results. That was a wake-up call as I have NEVER been this fat in my life!! So I talked to my doctor and she is helping me loose weight. I started a carb-counting diet, cut out soda and junk and so far I have lost 8-1/2 lbs!!! (now only 100-some to go...) But it is a start. So what is your story? How much do you want to loose, and how are you doing it? I wish everyone luck and hope you all reach your desired weight!!

fingers crossed   good luck  treadmill

MizLee

Asked by MizLee at 10:23 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm on my own weight loss journey. I'm eating clean and exercising, and it's awesome! This is something I can do forever. I've lost 58 lbs so far, and I have many more lbs to go. It's not rapid weight loss, but that's good, because that means I'm being healthy about it. I'm trying to lose a total of 134 lbs. I'm not putting a set time on it, but it'd be nice to get the rest off by next summer. We may be TTC soon, so I may have to hold off on the rest while I'm pregnant!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:18 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I am wanting to lose about 25 lbs. I am just cutting back and exercising. Not getting anywhere though, it gets aggravating after a while.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:47 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I am LOSING weight. I have a trainer as well. I'm not doing fad diets either. Just eating regular food. I've tried everything to lose weight and I just need change my lifestyle all around.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i have tried the Adkins Diet ( low carb diet) and that one leaves me starving all day. i used to have a lot of eggs different ways during the day and idk if your suppose to do that when i heard the limit is 6 a week, but whatever, so confused lol.

i struggled so long on trying to lose weight and someone finally told me to watch my sodium, seems to be going good now that they FINALLY told me!!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Same here- no fad diets, just eating the usual foods but checking portion sizes, weighing and measuring what I eat. Only diet change i have made is to cut out pop, and not eat the junk foods/fast foods. I am also trying to increase the fruits/veg/whole grains and cut out the junk. I also have to start exercising as well (I am not a very active person) and I know that will help with the weight loss as well as make me feel better. It is a lifestyle and behavior change but I am looking forward to seeing the end results!!!

I wish you good luck on your weight loss!!

MizLee

Comment by MizLee (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2011