Pink eye!

I have no vehicle & 10 miles from anything. Making doc appointments are very difficult. So, does anyone have a home remedy?

shynu

Asked by shynu at 10:26 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Health

• When my LO had pink eye, I called the doctor and they said NOT to come in because they didnt want us to spread it -- they just called in the drops for pink eye?
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Call the doc and ask if they will call in a prescription for the drops. Pink eye will not go away without antibiotic eye drops and pink eye is extremely contagious.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Try washing the eye out with saline solution. Do it every hour and it should be cleared up by this evening,

KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• You need to get it treated. It can spread and also cause blindness. My friend recently contracted the viral pink eye, so did her baby. Her eyes turned purple and swelled shut. Her baby had to go to the ER and get membranes removed from her eye, and has an abrasion on her cornea. You don't know how bad this could be, so you are better off going in. I know it's not ideal, but it's for your safety and everyone else in the home as well.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• It needs to be examined to see how bad it is, it's also very contagious. Sorry. Good luck!
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 10:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Wow yeah. And an airplane can lose engine power & crash into my house. I'm looking for remedies based on the situation. If I can get there I would! No way I'm walking 20 miles to the nearest hospital.(10 miles to nearest gas station).
    shynu

Comment by shynu (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Sorry it's not what you want to hear. I dont' think you are accepting the seriousness of it. Find a ride, and you don't need to be rude to others who are just trying to help you.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Ur not helping. If you don't have a home remedy, don't leave a comment.
    shynu

Comment by shynu (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• At our drug stores here in SC they sell over the counter pink eye medication drops. You dont need a prescription for them. Go to your store and ask the person in the pharmacy for them if you cant find them on the shelf with the other eye drop things.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:03 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Wow, nasty aren't you? Guess what, if you post on here, anyone can answer. So deal with it.

Have fun with your pink eye.

vbruno, that's great and all...but she doesn't want to do that since she doesn't have a car...(Eyes rolling)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2011