Do you believe money is the root of all evil?

I asked a question if money were no object what is the one thing you would do to make your life better and more comfortable . I recieved an answer that said instead of looking to money you should turn to Jesus? Do you believe money is the root of all evil why or why not?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• if you gave 10% in tithes weekly you will reap riches. or gave to your favorite charity you will reap the same riches
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 4:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• It's not money that is the root of all evil. It is the "love of money" that "is the root of all evil." "The love of money is the root of all evil." 1 Timothy 6:10
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:32 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• The "love" of money is the root of all evil
    Anything in excess is a bad thing

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I agree with butterfly, it is the "love" if money that is the root of all evil. Anything that you love and put above everything else can be the root of evil in your life. You can have lots of money and still be the kindest and generous person there is. It is all in how you use it.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:33 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• It's a huge part of evil. People will commit evil crimes to squire money.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 10:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• yes, i do,.....money is the main issue in my house that seems to be the reason why we all just can't get along. If we had money, and didn't have to pinch pennies I betcha' we'd be so much happier, even with each other. =[
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I don't. It's people that are the root of evil. Just like guns don't kill people, PEOPLE kill people. It is more the love of the rush, or object that is the root of evil, not the actually object.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:34 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• The Love OF money is the true root of evil. Not money itself.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:56 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• No, because money is a human construct. I mean, the value of currency is completely arbitrary. It has value because we give it value. What's really the problem is greed. You can't blame a piece of paper or a lump of gold for the inherent flaws of man.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Yes I do.Everything goes back to money, somehow , someway
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 12, 2011