I fell down my garage steps.

Was walking into my garage and fell down the 3 steps that go into the garage. I caught myself before my stomach hit the ground with my hands, but I still fell. I am 17 weeks pregnant. Baby is still moving and I am not having any pain (except my wrist where I caught all of my weight) do I need to call my OB?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can call just to be safe. I would also get your wrist checked out if you are in pain. I feel when I was pregnant too and still called the doctor just in case.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• You should be fine. Watch for cramping and spotting, but if the baby is moving around okay, then don't worry too much. They are very protected in there. I have fallen several time throughout my three pregnancies and my kids were all fine.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:32 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I would call to be safe. I fell down porch steps when I was 8 months. They told me to go to L&R where they monitored the baby for about half a day. It was boring but I was comforted to know that my baby was okay. My tailbone on the otherhand.....
    marshsmom

Answer by marshsmom at 10:32 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• yes u should just to be safe.
    ncmomma3152

Answer by ncmomma3152 at 10:33 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I would just to be on the safe side
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 10:34 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Even if you feel fine I would call...THEY might want to see you....if you feel no pain ,cramping or are not bleeding ten to one your fine. Your baby is protected by the best shock absorber ever. GL Mama!
    MamaRudolph

Answer by MamaRudolph at 10:35 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• whoa, be careful, mama..... I think your balance gets out of whack when you're pregnant, always use the hand rails and be careful what kind of shoes you wear if it's wet! I fell down some bus steps when I was a few months preg. but my boss caught me, lol! I fell because I was wearing shoes that didn't have alot of tread on the sole and it was wet! and my sis fell ALL THE TIME in her first pregnancy, ok, I didn't answer your question, I just wanted to give you some support! Hope your wrist feels better soon :)
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 10:37 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Just to be safe I would call and let them know. I hope your wrist feels better soon!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:39 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Thank you for your answers. I am going to call just to be on the safe side :)
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• From what I was told it is kind expected because your body is getting ready for the big day!
    CycleChild

Answer by CycleChild at 10:45 AM on Apr. 12, 2011