How much time do you spend in the bible/koran/talmud etc...DAILY?

And why?

2boys4momma

Asked by 2boys4momma at 10:36 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh, and why - because I'm constantly cultivating my faith/spirituality, as it is one of the most important parts of my life (ties with my family/marriage). I am constantly studying, digging, pushing, learning as much as I can, considering as much as I can. Religion is my greatest passion, and for about 3 years now its almost all I read about, lol. But I've been really spiritual and into religion for as long as I can remember. I'm fascinated by it, and I love learning about all the different ways of looking at things, all the different beliefs, and feeling a stronger sense of connection to my fellow man by seeing the common underlying themes and messages (like love, compassion, humanity, etc). Reading and talking about religion is like food for my soul, it's refreshing and inspiring. It leaves me feeling fulfilled and just good about myself. Like I'm nourishing some part of me that really thrives off of it, if that makes sense.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:57 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I don't do it every day, but I do try to read something religious every day, whether it be the Bible/Quran or a book on/about religion by scholars or authors. I just got done reading that "Love Wins" book that has so much attention lately, and DH bought me a couple of books by Spong (I've been wanting to read him), that I'll probably start today. I just usually don't read the actual holy texts (Bible, Gita, Quran, Tao, etc) unless I'm referencing for something I'm reading, since I've read most of them before - though I do reference quite a bit, to put things into context if verses or sections are quoted or talked about in whatever I'm reading...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I don't time myself, but it is my habit to spend some time every morning reading and studying the Bible. I have a harder time doing that on the week-ends and on the days that my husband is home, but I'm pretty consistent when I have the house to myself.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:39 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I read it with my children everynight about 6 min & my finacee & I read it together also.. I do it because I want to stay in Gods word so hopefully I don't stray too much, and to be more like him.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:53 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Some days I spend more time than others...it just depends on what I'm looking for that day. I homeschool so we go over different little things in the Bible daily as well. I do it because it's what I believe in.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 10:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I've been doing some comparisons of the Bible with other texts, like the Dhammapada and Tao Te Ching, so I have been reading some verses just about every day lately. The amount of time varies though. Some days it's just a few minutes, and other days it might be an hour or so (maybe broken up into smaller chunks of time throughout the day). I tend to read for a while at night, and if I have time I'll read a little during my son's nap time, but what I read and how long I read depends on what else I need to do that day.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:58 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• NONE!!! Woo-hoo! And I have ALL kinds of free time because of it!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:12 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• None, I have no reason to.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:07 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• None. The only time I even reference a bible is here on cafemom.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• OP, you asked a question and received honest answers.   Your dislike for the answer doesn't make it snarky.

Newsflash!  I don't live my life to please you, so get over it and move on.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2011