How d u feel about people who gets welfare and assistance feom the state

Don't hold back your feeling I want to know the truth!

ukeepmegoing

Asked by ukeepmegoing at 10:37 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• In the case of my BIL and SIL,highly disgusted. 9 years,really???
    Others would be on an individual basis.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• About the same as I feel about your lack of spelling and proofreading. Spell check is offered by cafemom free of cost.

it is one thing if they need it but use it until you find another way to get by.. don't live off the system just because you can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Some people really do need the help, they are the people it's there for. People who just live on it? I don't think that should be allowed.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:40 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Well, seeing I have gotten welfare and am on foodstamps and medicaid, I am in NO place to judge others. In reality, I don't judge others that get any type of PA. I am not in their shoes and I do not know what their situation is. There are a LOT of people on PA that had jobs and lost them because of the economy. Their unemployment ran out and they haven't found another job that pays enough to support their family.

NO ONE should be judging someone else because you never know when the tables will turn.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I don't mind as long as you aren't abusing the system. After leaving my abusive ex I have had to get on food stamps and I might need help with childcare for a while to finish school. I'm not ashamed. I won't be on it for long. It's people like my neighbor who sits on her butt all day, has Section 8, get's money and food stamps yet her children no longer live with her and she never tries to get a job that bother me.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Too many people abuse it. I know people who use it as their only income and have no interest in working. They sit back and collect foodstamps, cash, medi-cal, child support, etc etc. It's disgusting. I know people who have been on it 17 years!

The only people I don't look down on are those who turn to assistance as a temporary fix to a problem such as a lay off or serious disability.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:41 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• If it's temporary and needed, I don't see anything wrong. However, people who get on it and stay on it with no intention of supporting themselves I get upset about, because that money could be used for families who actually need it.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• June: TURN her in, she could be committing welfare fraud if her kids aren't living with her.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I don't mind it being used in emergency type situations, but I think that it has become an incentive to laziness and irresponsibility, and I definitely don't like that!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• IF it is temporary and you truly look for work then fine. BUT when you get on and stay on just because you make less working......no! Working CAN give you a sense of pride. The SYSTEM is wrong and needs a true evaluation
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 10:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2011