Do you or anyone you know have kidney disease?

First off, I KNOW I need to get into the doctor. I had an appointment last week and forgot about it.

I went to the ER twice about a month ago for severe abdominal pain...felt exatly like kidney stones. They did a ct, u/s (found 3 ovarian cysts) and tons of blood work and couldn't find the source of my pain.

I did some research and it appears I may have kidney disease. I've had symptoms for a while now. Frequent urination, flank pain, joint pain, tired, bones breaking easily, confusion and forgetfulness(been really bad this past month) metalic/funky taste in my mouth and things just don't taste the same lately. The one thing I havn't had is blood in my urine, although I have had that in the past.

Do you or anyone you know suffer from kidney disease? What made you go in? I'd like to have all the info I need when I go so the doctor will take me seriously. I've had issues with doctors who just don't listen to what you have to say and I'd like to avoid that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Health

• Ask for your blood work to be done for sure. It will definitely show up in your blood work, so you don't have to worry about a doc not taking you seriously. Good luck and hope you feel well soon! Kidney issues are no fun whatsoever and can be dangerous.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 10:48 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I don't know a whole lot about kidney disease, but I would be getting into the doctor. Here a a bump so some others can see your question. My mom's kidneys had failed completely, but that was due to diabetes. She has a kidney transplant finally after years of dialasis. I wish you lots of luck and you will be in my prayers.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• She had* I meant.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Please, PLEASE, go to the doctor ASAP. This is nothing to mess around with. **HUGS**
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:54 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i dont know much but i had several kidney infections in the past and im having the same symptoms as you i already scedule an appt. for this month if i find out before you i write back but if you do send a bump hope you feel better.my prayers with you.
    4reasons2smile

Answer by 4reasons2smile at 10:56 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• **You need to go see a Nephrologist that is a doctor who specializes in kidney function. They will do the proper testing to see how your kidneys are functioning. My Dad is currently on dialysis and you should not put off seeing this Specialist. They knew that his kidney function was deteriorating so in preperation for dialysis, he went in & had the proper port put into his arm. If you wait & your kidneys fail, they will have to give you dialysis through your neck. Go and see a Nephrologist ASAP to put your mind at ease & Listen to what they say. They are there so you can extend the quality of your life. Sometimes it is better to listen then be heard. GL. Also, my Dad never had blood in his urine either. Google Nephrologists in your area to find one.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:58 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I haven't been am wishing you the best.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I have stage 3 chronic kidney disease. It was found a little over 2 years ago in some random bloodwork. I never felt a sign or symptom and still don't feel anything. I was at stage 3 when they found it and thankfully I am still in stage 3 now. A little lower down in it but at least I haven't dropped rapidly. Implementing dietary and lifestyle changes and giving up NSAIDs have helped quite a bit my nephrologist has said.

It is just incredibly scary to know that you can have such a disease and never even know it's there!
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 6:09 AM on Apr. 21, 2011