My 4 week old baby girl is constantly straining......

all day long she's trying to poop and pass gas....... my God literaly all day long.each feed is a battle.......if she doesn't burp it's a battle plus the spit up............i'm so tired ..pooping is a very hard job............moving her legs like a wheel or seating her on my lap face down isn't helping
what can i do?????????? specially that she's my second child and i have a toddler to look after and i'm all alone

docmamy

Asked by docmamy at 10:51 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am going to assume that you are formula feeding her...if so, she may need a more gentle formula.

If I am wrong and you are nursing her, try an elimination diet.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:53 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• yes i'm breast feeding.. what's that?? u mean like a diet that won't cause the baby gas?? but the problem is in the poop
    docmamy

Comment by docmamy (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My DS was the same way, and we had to switch to a soy formula because he couldn't handle the lactose.

Also, for the gas, Mylecon did wonders for him.

Good luck! I hope your baby feels better soon!
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My daughter did this too when she was an infant. We added a little prune juice into her formula. We also gave her a warm bath that helped to relax her and she usually pooped after that. We also changed formulas to a non milk based.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• It will help with the gas AND help with her poop as well. Obviously, her stomach cannot handle something you are eating. She is still a too young for prune juice.

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/t041200.asp

http://www.kellymom.com/

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:59 AM on Apr. 12, 2011