Where did you go on your last family vacation?

What were the ups and downs associated with it?

lore_tex

Asked by lore_tex at 10:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Travel

• Hawaii for close to 2 weeks. We just got back at then end of last week. Part business, part pleasure. No kids-they are working and in college.

ups- lots of good hiking with my husband, and visiting with friends and family.

downs- a very busy work schedule+ lots of eating, drinking and late hours. We were exhausted when we came home-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Went to Myrtle Beach.

Ups......DD had so much fun in the ocean. And we went to a family amusement park where DD was able to ride most all of the rides.

Downs...Instead of getting a hotel room, we stayed with my parents who live an hour away. Didn't leave on a good note and have not spoken to them since...six months ago.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Grand Canyon ten years ago ups lots of fun downs Getting back with my x after or during turned into a waste of ten years.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:07 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Dallas/ft worth Texas.

((ups)) My grandparents got to see my kids for the first time!! My kids got to do things and go places I went when I was younger. We got to have 10 days of all family time! It was our first major vacation since dd was born...

((downs)) It wasn't much of a vacation for me, It was a lot of work having a 2 1/2 year old and a 9 month old, far from home, sleeping was bad, the time change messed them up, and when we got home ds was use to sleeping in the same room as us bc that's how he slept in the hotel
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:11 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• we went to disney world in florida, ups: we had alot of fun we went to all the theme parks and rode all the rides. it was really amazing.
    downs: prices are too expensive especially their food, and it was tooo hot!!!
    motherof2andone

Answer by motherof2andone at 11:14 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Port Aransas in Texas. A lot of my family went. Grandparents, great aunts, parents, a lot cousins, bro & sister. All having fun in our awesome condos. On the beach, pool. Bbq'd. Lots of fun for 3 days. Definitely no down falls. Had fun the whole time.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 11:15 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I went to Puerto Rico, the kids loved it, they love the beach.
    BalooSkii

Answer by BalooSkii at 12:05 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• We went to Montana, Wyoming, So. Dakota. It was a great time together.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2011