Have you ever been on a vacation in Florida? And if so, what part?

Was it enjoyable? Where did you stay? Was it affordable?

lore_tex

Asked by lore_tex at 11:00 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Travel

• I live in S. FL. Captiva Island is really beautiful. Marco Island is also very nice. Try going to www.southseas.com and it will take your to a resort on Captiva that is great for families and very affordable.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:08 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• As a kid, we went to Cocoa Beach and Disney. No idea if it was affordable, I didn't pay, lol. We drove there from Northern IL though so we didn't have flying expenses. We had a blast!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:03 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• We went to Navarre Beach near Pensacola (in the panhandle) when I was a teenager. We stayed at a Holiday Inn on the beach. The hotel was destroyed in one of the hurricanes a few years back, but the vacation as a whole was pretty affordable. The beaches were so beautiful!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:17 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Yes, my family and I went to disney world and universal studios when I was 19. We stayed at the disney resort. It was affordable for us only because my aunt had connections of some sort. I want to say she had travel points or vacation points. I never really did ask her.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• And yes we had a blast :) I enjoyed universal studios the best if I had to choose.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Thanks for the responses! I would be driving so no flying expenses. I'll check out some of the places you ladies mentioned except for Disney, I really don't want to do the Disney thing, just want to find a great affordable place to stay on a lovely beach with activities nearby for the kiddos to do. :)
    lore_tex

Comment by lore_tex (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• We went to the Redneck Riviera (aka Panama City) several times when I was a kid. It was okay I guess. There was lots of fun, touristy type stuff to do.
    My husband grew up in FLA and says there are some beautiful areas in the Everglades and some really nice lesser known beaches. He always advises staying away from the super touristy spots.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:48 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Thanks, I never want to go anywhere touristy.
    lore_tex

Comment by lore_tex (original poster) at 2:41 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Yes, have been many times. Disney was enjoyable but otherwise, I really don't care for FL at all. The humidity is murder.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I don't mind the humidity. I live in Louisiana so I'm used to it. :)
    lore_tex

Comment by lore_tex (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Apr. 13, 2011