How can i organize this house and clean it and make it ready for inspection if my kids and dh won't help me keep it clean and in order? (vent)

I am about at my wits end! Nobody in this family tries to help keep things in order or even clean all the way instead of half assed. Especially when it comes to cleaning how it's supposed to be cleaned & then i wind up having to go back thru the whole house and redoing everything. It's not fair to me to organize and try to keep this house clean when everyone else insists on being disorganized and right out messy. Nobody picks up after themselves they just wait for me until I can't stand it anymore to do it. My kids are bigger kids well 2 of them anyways boy 13 girl 14 1/2 and little one 8. They are all old enough to do these chores and do them correctly. I make them go back and redo everything if it's not done right but this don't seem to faze them. I swear i'm about to throw in the dishtowl and run AWAY!!

chica679

Asked by chica679 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Inspection for what? I would make a chart that they get something when they do what you ask, something taken away when they don't. I guess send them to the park the day of inspection?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:10 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i rent
    chica679

Comment by chica679 (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• they should be helping you. my girls are 9,6,3 and they help alot in the house. Hey if house if clean we get to go to places instead of staying at home cleaning.
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 2:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Oh that's easy. Anything that they do not pick up.. you put into a big trash bag and act like you are throwing it away. If you have to, keep it locked up in the trunk of your car for a while. Made me and my sister start picking up our things.
    karankay

Answer by karankay at 4:49 AM on Apr. 15, 2011